Pair of non-matched Tanns – one 3833 (mint) and one 3836 ( supposedly needing recone), tnx to enormous and kind help of Ninja (and smuggling expertise of another friend – Paja959) – obtained from outer space for my kiddoe – SuperFi . As confirmed on net , difference between 3833 and 3836 is just here and there in color of some details ( golden ring around surround on one of them , while on other one, that ring is black) .
After some examination , measurements of all coils Rdc , I decided to make most direct and most benign steps , to decide is it necessary to buy new cone (150E franco BG) , or something else can be done .
So – all was needed is to soak spider circumference with acetone , pill it up , then unscrew 4 imbus bolts – to remove magnet assembly from basket ;
I’m lazy , so there are excerpts from my correspondence on Tannoy Yahoo group; all quotes – Mighty ZM 😉
I’m putting this here as future reference for some other desperate Tanner .
project in development ………
Part of Old Theatre sound .
I just like them …… they are older than me 😉
In fact , these are older than previously posted – Sonido , Woland Edition
These were first , proof of concept , so – kudos to HiFish (David , member of Baby Diyaudio) for bravery and trust in my choices .
What’s already written regarding previous ones , applies here too – motor run caps , hefty iron for bass helper etc.
Pics are little smaller this time , maybe I’ll change them in time (just to visit David again , and remember to take non-shrinked files from him) .
Gallery comprised of old pics and last few recently made , when I changed test xovers for proper ones . Positioning motor-runs on top of box is David’s wish .